This ‘Haunted House’ is not like any you will have seen before and comes in the form of a spooky gallery of paintings that at first seem ordinary but soon turn out to have some hidden surprises in store. The concept behind Torafu Architects’ ‘Haunted Play House’ is to challenge perspectives and norms where rules are broken as children are actually encouraged to run, shout and touch – activities usually forbidden in a gallery or a museum.
Is this Ib
This is a mini-series within COSMOS called “Phases.” From left to right, top to bottom: New Moon, Waxing Crescent, First Quarter, Waxing Gibbous, Full Moon, Waning Gibbous, Third Quarter, and Waning Crescent
COSMOS is on view at WWA Gallery till November 9th.
Darragh Hehir, At the edge of time
in case you needed a reminder that humans are incredible and terrifying
Favourite animators: Shinya Ohira (大平晋也)
- Strongly influenced by early Disney, Ohira is a living contradiction: a full animator in a country of limited animation. He is the most iconoclastic incarnation of the new realism in anime, creating a gritty, sensual realism as opposed to the clean and restrained realism of Omohide Poroporo or Jin-Roh.
- Ohira focuses on creating fluid and realistic movement full of superfluous action to the point of relegating shape and character design to jagged, wildly undulating lines. (anipages)
- Creator Spotlight: Ohira Shinya
- Sakuga: The Animation of Anime pt.6 - Shinya Ohira’s Surrealist Animation
- More scenes animated by Shinya Ohira: MAD by BlueSakuga (HD), Flipbook Sakuga
- List of anime he’s worked on + sakuga wiki
- He also directed one of the Genius Party short films - “Wanwa the Puppy”
- Don’t forget to click the gifs for the titles!
The one and only Shinya Ohira